Vestibular Rehabilitation for Evaluation and Treatment of BPPV
- 13:00 to 13:05 - Introduction to the seminar. Helen S Cohen, EdD, OTR.
- 13:05 to 13:20 - Evidence about the epidemiology of BPPV. Helen S Cohen, EdD, OTR.
- 13:20 to 13:40 - Evidence about pathophysiology underlying BPPV. Susan L Whitney, PhD, PT.
- 13:40 to 14:00 - Evidence about symptoms of BPPV, associated balance problems, associated problems in spatial orientation,and associated problems in independence in activities of daily living. Luc Vereeck, PhD, PT.
- 14:10 to 14:25 - Diagnostic testing for posterior canal BPPV: Dix-Hallpike maneuver and side lying test. Description. Natalia Ricci, PhD, PT.
- 14:25 to 14:40 - Dix-Hallpike maneuver and side lying test, demonstrations. Natalia Ricci, PhD, PT, Oz Zur, PhD, PT.
- 14:40 to 15:00 - Evidence supporting repositioning maneuvers and exercises: canalith repositioning maneuver (CRP / Epley) and self-CRP exercise, liberatory maneuver (Semont) and self-liberatory exercise, barbecue-spit / log roll maneuver / exercise for lateral canal BPPVB. Dara Meldrum, PhD, PT.
- 15:00 to 15:20 - Demonstrations. Ann-Sofi Kammerlind, PhD, PT, Rodrigo Castillejos, PT.
- 15:30 to 15:45 - Case report, acute BPPV. Ondrej Cakrt, PhD, PT.
- 15:45 to 16:00 - Case report, chronic BPPV. Mariella Graziano, MS, PT.
- 16:00 to 16:15 - Case report, BPPV with anxiety. Oz Zur, PhD, PT.
- 16:15 to 17:00 - Questions and answers. Entire committee.